Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default An even bigger Find and Replace

As an alternative to Suzanne's suggestion - this is a standard data format.
You can create any finished layout you want from that data by running a
mailmerge to Directory format.

If you just want the address list sorted see
http://www.gmayor.com/convert_labels...mail_merge.htm covert it to a
table, sort on whichever column you want then convert back to text (or if
you want it for mail merge etc, leave it as a table.

.

Island Girl wrote:
I thought I had the job done and then --

I have now been sent an address list formatted as follows:

John A. Jones [paragraph mark]
2111 Alabama Street [paragraph mark]
Miami, FL 33131[paragraph mark]
[paragraph mark]
Mary Smith [paragraph mark]
50 Park Place [paragraph mark]
Miami, FL 33131 [paragraph mark]
[paragraph mark]

In other words each last line of the address is followed by two
paragraph marks.

I know how to change last names first if the names are on a line by
themselves, but I don't know if there's a way keep the address with
the name at the same time. There are over 200 and, as usual, they
say, "It's a rush!"

What now, coaches?

Thanks so very much for any advice on how to approach and also any
find and replace or macro information.