Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Need Help with Word 2007 MailMerge Using Access as data source.

Use the Format() function in the query in Access to convert the result of
the calculation to text.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Lynda" wrote in message
Hello, I am having quite a problem with the way a calculated field in an
Access 2007 query is showing up in a Word 2007 Mail Merge document.

In MS Access query, I calculate the decile value of a student's class
rank. For instance, if there is no class rank, the decile is 0. If the
class rank is 8 out of 100, the decile is 1 and so forth. This all works
correctly in Access.

However, when I merge this query into a Word 2007 document, the deciles
all show up as 0 or 10. Somewhere along the way, Word 2007 fails to read
the calculated field correctly.

How can I get the correct results to show up in a mail merge document?

Thanks for your help on this.

Lynda