Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Lynda[_2_] Lynda[_2_] is offline

Default Need Help with Word 2007 MailMerge Using Access as data source.

Can you give me an example of the format function. It would be
format([decile],?)

I can't seem to find what I should be using to convert a number to text.

Thanks.

Lynda
Use the Format() function in the query in Access to convert the result of
the calculation to text.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Lynda" wrote in message
Hello, I am having quite a problem with the way a calculated field in an
Access 2007 query is showing up in a Word 2007 Mail Merge document.

In MS Access query, I calculate the decile value of a student's class
rank. For instance, if there is no class rank, the decile is 0. If the
class rank is 8 out of 100, the decile is 1 and so forth. This all works
correctly in Access.

However, when I merge this query into a Word 2007 document, the deciles
all show up as 0 or 10. Somewhere along the way, Word 2007 fails to read
the calculated field correctly.

How can I get the correct results to show up in a mail merge document?

Thanks for your help on this.

Lynda