Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?UHJvYmxlbSB3aXRoIGZvcm1hdHRpbmcgbWVyZ2VkIGZpZW xkcw==?=,

I am using MS Word 2003. I am using mail merge.

I am trying to format a field with 2 decimal places and a "$" sign.

The MS instructions say to "On the Data tab or the General tab in the
Control Properties dialog box, click Format".

I think this information is for something totally different; certainly
not for Word mail merge (sounds more like an Access form, actually).

For information on how to control formatting in Word, see the MailMerge
FAQ on my website. It tells you how to control from within Word
(changing field codes) or within Access (using a query).

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org