Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Footnotes in a chapter that will need to restart within chapter

Setting footnote restart options within individual sections doesn't work in
Word, as you have noticed. I'd recommend using continuous numbering
throughout the document.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"MBennett" wrote in message
I am working on a book with Chapters that will have cases that require me
start renumbering within the chapter. I will have custom footnotes
within.
I have put continuous page breaks to pick up the numbering after the case,
but when I try to pick up the footnote numbering it either starts at one
or
if I try to put the number say "39" to pick up on the numbering it
includes
the custom numbers, if I add two footnotes it changes it to "41". What
can I
do to fix this? Also, I am having problems with the continuous break
sometimes acting as a new page break, because Word does not like to have
footnotes restarting on the same page. Any advice would be very much
appreciated. I have looked online and have not found a similar situation.
Thanks in advance.