Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Word Template - no edit

See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...PlusHeader.htm

wrote in message
oups.com...

Hi,

Thanks for feedback.

I am using Office 2003. A pdf is no good as i want the user to be able
to write on the page i.e. write a letter but not be able to change the
corporate info i have in the header or footer.

I seen a tutorial where the author had his.dot file and when u cliked
on it - it opened as a word document but u were unable to edit the
header etc... just write where the author had allowed.

This is what i am looking for. I will be using an intranet so i want
to create a file that i can put in a folder on say a d: drive and when
anyone clicks on the file it automatically opens a new document based
on the template and the user can not change the header but can write
text in the body of the document.

Thanks.

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:

Users should not be opening the template; they should be creating new
documents based on it. You can password-protect the template ("password

modify") if need be.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

wrote in message
oups.com...

Hi,

I have a word template (.dot) that i have saved to a file share. I
have it on our Intranet as a link.

I want it so that when a user clicks on it - it does not allow them to
edit any of the formating I have put in the the document. When I

click
on it at the moment...I can delete text etc. out of the header.

How is this done.

Thanks