Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
geonque geonque is offline

Default Office compatibility pack stopped working

Compatibility pack function stopped Win2k Offfice 2K after an automatic
update in early April. See details he
http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...8-e4417242d149

I suspect it was broken by Update for the 2007 Microsoft Office System
(KB981715). There seems to be no way to undo that update installation. Anyone
know a fix?

"dbuser" wrote:

I am using MS Word 2003 SP3. Downloaded Compatability Pack for 2007 months
ago. It worked just great until this morning. No events that should have
caused any changes. When I double click the Word 2007 document, MS Word
opens, along with the "Convert File From" dialog box. I select "Word 2007
Document" and "OK". Then an error message from MS Word pops up: "There was
an error opening the file". Not exactly helpful. I rebooted server and my
computer. Uninstalled Compatibility Program. Downloaded and reinstalled
Compatibility Program. Still does not work. This may be quite vague but I
can only be as specific as the error message that popped up.

Hope this makes sense to someone out there and can offer a suggestion,
Much appreciated in advance - Linda