Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

Default Where are custom mailing label definitions stored in Word 2003

Not that I am aware of. Are you sure your labels are not pre-defined. Most
are already covered.

Alexey Aksyonenko wrote:
Gentlemen,
I do appraciate the tip. I have found that solution on Google as
well as Microsoft search. The thing is, I would like to add my own
"Label products" category in the drop-down, instead of creating all
my labels under "Other/Custom". Is that possible?

Note that label definitions are not transportable between different
Word versions - but otherwise Peter has it right - see
http://www.gmayor.com/custom_labels.htm

Peter Jamieson wrote:
I believe they are stored in the registry under

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\W ord\Custom Labels

You /may/ be able to
a. use the registry editor to export that registry key,
b. edit the resulting text if you only want some of the definitions
in it c. distribute the .reg file
d. get people who need the layout definitions to double-click on the
.reg file to import it into their registry (and remember that this
will overwrite any existing definitions)

Or you could probably do the above using some VBA (I do not have any
for this).

I haven't tried it, but that's what I would try first.

Peter Jamieson

"Alexey Aksyonenko"
wrote in message
I installed a product that has added a paper type and a number of
different label definitions in the Envelops and Labels wizard on
the Labels tab. I now want to do the same, but with MY paper type
and label definitions (width, height, etc). I want to include
some kind of an install disk that I
can include with the labels that I sell that will add these
settings on my customers' systems. So far I have been unable to
find exactly where these settings are stored. Can anyone help?
--
Alexey