Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default 2007 Doc Properties Error

What happens when you click Document Panel in the Developer ribbon? Does
that generate an immediate error, or does it display the intermediate DIP
dialog box.

If you do see this dialog box, what happens if you tick the "Always show
Document Information Panel on document open and initial save" option? Does
it end up working, or does it evoke an immediate error when you open a
document?

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Fred" wrote in message
The workaround yes that works but it does not resolve error.

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote in message
Wow. That's amazing. I was convinced that creating a new profile would
"fix" the problem.

What happens when you click Document Panel in the Developer ribbon? What
do you see?

A work-around is to use the old Properties box. Right-click the Quick
Access Toolbar and choose Customize... Set commands to "All Commands",
then find Advanced Document Properties in the list of commands, and click
Add. You should now be able to access the old-style Properties dialog box
by using the tool on the QAT.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
Blog: http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com
Web: http://www.herbtyson.com

"Fred" wrote in message
Herb,

You'll be pleased to know it did not work - settings were in default
mode.
I opened Word first and Home Button Prepare Properties
same error.
Basically I cannot eradicate it... The new profile should have done the
trick.
I thought it wouldn't because I'd already accepted the allow file to be
downloaded from Office checked all 3 boxes on first install of program
and the Diagnostics told me I had not. So something is corrupt
somewhere.

Many thanks for help ....
"Fred" wrote in message
Thanks
I've sent a request to MS Support.
I have run Diagnostics, Repairs, Removed, Reinstalled (absolutely
useless as it came back with every setting I had before I
uninstalled) -- nice to know I have NO CONTROL over installations
whatsover with MS?

I've tried turning things off? Shall give that a go.
Many thanks

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote in message
I had that problem right after Word 2007 was released. It's some kind
of settings problem, but I never was able to fix it (tried all kinds of
registry surgery, as well as copying entire directory trees from a
working profile to the one that wasn't working). In the end the only
thing that worked was to create a new user account in Windows. The new
profile didn't have the problem, and it hasn't recurred. A pain, yes...
but it worked.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
Blog: http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com
Web: http://www.herbtyson.com

"Fred" wrote in message
No Beth - using 2007 Professional Academic and the other install of
same version of software is showing Word Doc Props no problem
(separate machine). It worked last week!

Thanks for help.

"Beth Melton" wrote in message
Do you also have InfoPath installed? If so, on the Developer tab,
click Document Information Panel and see if it's pointing to a
non-existent file.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Co-author of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Fred" wrote in message
Does anyone know if the below error is a bug or how to fix:

"The document information panel was unable to load!"

Has anyone had this error in 2007 and fixed it? Is it a bug?

I've run Word in safe mode 3 times and run Diagnostics twice and
Office Repair twice?

Any help appreciated?

Regards