Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default I cannot enter this symbol @ in Microsoft Outlook. Why?

Did you check on the shortcut key assignment for Shift+2 as suggested?

"How to enter @ symbol in Outlook"
om wrote in message
Hi Suzanne
In the meantime I have also contacted Logitech, the company whose keyboard

have. I did a test with them and they say it is clearly a problem that is
connected with Microsoft only (the @symbol works in all the other
applications) and that I need Microsoft's assistance to solve it. So it
cannot be a keyboard issue.
Please continue to help me! Thanks!!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I can't imagine why you would use Ctrl+Alt+2 when the @ is a shifted 2.
Occasionally users will inadvertently enable a different keyboard and

get an
apostrophe in place of @ and vice versa, but that doesn't seem to be the
issue here. Can you type a 2? If not, it may be a keyboard issue. How

are
you producing @ in these messages? Does the problem occur only in Word?

If
so, go to the Customize Keyboard dialog, select a command at random, and
enter Shift+2 as the keyboard shortcut. Then look to see what "Currently
assigned to" gives as the current assignment. You can then go to that
command (whatever it is) and unassign it.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"How to enter @ symbol in Outlook"
om wrote in message
I usually create the @symbol with Ctrl+Alt+2, tried also Shift+2 or

Ctrl+2,
nothing happens. the @ is on the no. 2 button.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

What keys are you pressing on the keyboard to produce it?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"How to enter @ symbol in Outlook"
om wrote in

message
Hi, nothing happens then, it stays blank.
What shall I try or check?
Thanks!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

What happens when you try?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"How to enter @ symbol in Outlook" How to enter @ symbol in
wrote in message
I had to reformat the PC and since then I cannot type the

symbol @
in
Microsoft Outlook any more (in the email address + in the text

field).
How
do
I find it/adjust this?