Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] mcintosh.cj.l@gmail.com is offline

Default Ctrl-PgDn Problem after Ctrl-F (Search)

On Monday, July 6, 2009 at 7:47:18 AM UTC-5, Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
As Graham says, the action of Ctrl+PageDn/PageUp in recent versions of Word
is Browse Next/Browse Previous, the same as using the arrows at the bottom
of the vertical scroll bar. What action is performed will depend on what
"browse object" is selected. Using Find changes the browse object to Find,
as indicated by the color of the arrows (they are blue when anything other
than Page is selected as the browse object). Click on the Select Browse
Object button between the arrows to change back to Browse by Page.

http://word.mvps.org

"Wordleast" wrote in message

After performing a Search in Microsoft Office Word 2007 by
pressing Ctrl-F (Find and Replace, Find Next), pressing
Ctrl-PgDn which should advance the cursor to the beginning of
the next page instead brings up an Information Box with either
search item was not found." or this message: "Word has
reached the end of the document. Do you want to continue
searching at the beginning?" The only way to resolve this
problem seems to be to exit Word and then re-enter it. In other words,
once Ctrl-F is pressed, Ctrl-PgDn no longer advances the cursor to the
top of the next page the way it usually does (and always did before
Ctrl-F was pressed). This has been driving me crazy for a long time -
any suggestions?

--
Wordleast

I am having the same issue with Office 365, but I do not see the arrows mentioned in responses. In the "Tell me what you want to do" filed I have searched for "browse object" and did not get a match. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

CJ