Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yasser Shahzad Qureshi

Default HOw to decrypt a word doc

"Jezebel" wrote:

Check what's showing in the 'Files of type' drop down on the File Open
dialog. What you're seeing is what you get if you open a file using the
wrong format. If all else fails, try the 'Recover text from any document'
option.

Sorry man I couldn't get ur point what you want me to do, I point to File
menu Open menu Than what ????

and what did you ment by " If all else fails, try the 'Recover text from any
document ", how can I recover text from any document. . .

If you allow me I can send you the file I have you can have a look at it and
sort out any way to properly view the file. Are you ok with that ??

"Yasser Shahzad Qureshi" Yasser Shahzad
wrote in message ...
I have a word file, when I open that file there are symbols written, I
guess
the txt is encrypted or what... But I want to view the text, so kindly
tell
me how can I view the txt.....I tried to select all the text and change
the
font but nothing happened, then I tried to save the file using Save As
option, in different formats, but nothing happened even... So if there is
any way to view the file's contents, plese tell me ......