Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
April April is offline

Default excel spreadsheet to word

yes, thanks for finding it.

i tried the solution - namely alt+f9 and substituted the range name - also
tried to change the range. in both cases, the solution didn't work. the
linked word document added the extra rows but truncated the bottom of the
report - even though i changed the range in the link - using the alt + f9.
any other solutions?

thanks
--
aprilshowers

"DeanH" wrote:

IS this your previous posting?
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...7-8a669f96784a

"april" wrote:

i posted this question last week, received a reply, printed it and now i
can't find the hard copy or the original post.

PROBLEM: i have an excel workbook with many tabs (Balance sheet / Income
Statement / Cash Flow, etc) and want to link these sheets to an audit report
which is a word (2003) document. i have named ranges. whe i try to copy
the range and then paste special - paste link - i get the message "word
cannot obtain the data for the excel.sheet.8link". i think that i need a
named range because the link is in the R1C1 format and if i add rows to the
excel spreadsheet the link does not update with the additional rows.

sorry for posting this twice - thanks in advance for your help.
by the way, when i receive the email notifying me of a response and then
click on the hyperlink, my internet opens up to a blank screen. any
suggestions?
--
aprilshowers