TF

Tools, Options, General tab and clear the option 'Allow Starting in Reading
layout' (which you would think belongs under the View Tab!)

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"KR" wrote in message
: At work we just upgraded to Office2003. When I create new documents in
Word,
: they come up in "print layout", which is my desired working view.
:
: When I open Word attachments from Outlook, they often come up in "reading
: layout" (2 page, side-by-side) which in most cases messes up the tables
and
: other info, actually making it harder to read.
:
: Is there a setting somewhere that I haven't found yet that will
: automatically make all documents open in print layout?
:
: Thanks,
: Keith
:
: --
: The enclosed questions or comments are entirely mine and don't represent
the
: thoughts, views, or policy of my employer. Any errors or omissions are my
: own.
:
: