Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Default a hidden character that looks like a degree symbol in MS Word docu

What you're seeing is a non-breaking space: useful for things like the
spaces within a phone number, that are not appropriate places for a line
break.

Use ^s to search for it using Find and Replace.

"Radar" wrote in message
When I click the Show/Hide paragraph button on the toolbar, in order to
display the normally hidden paragraph markers, I can see a hidden
character
that looks like a degree symbol that acts like a space within the
document.
How do I search for this character within my document so that I can do a
Search and Replace on it t oreplace it with a "real space", thereby
removing
all such characters from my document?