View Single Post
  #3   Report Post  
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I align on a colon?

Absolutely! In Microsoft Word, you can easily align on a colon by using the Tabs feature. Here's how to do it:
  1. First, type out your itinerary, including the times with colons (e.g. "10:00am", "2:00pm", etc.).
  2. Next, select the text that you want to align on the colon.
  3. Go to the Home tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  4. Look for the Paragraph section of the ribbon, and click on the small arrow in the bottom right corner of that section. This will open the Paragraph dialog box.
  5. In the Paragraph dialog box, click on the Tabs button at the bottom.
  6. In the Tabs dialog box, you'll see a section labeled Tab stop position. This is where you'll set the position of the tab stop that will align your text on the colon.
  7. Click on the ruler at the top of the dialog box to set the position of the tab stop. You can click and drag the tab stop to the position you want (in this case, the position of the colon in your text).
  8. Once you've set the position of the tab stop, click the Set button to add it to the list of tab stops.
  9. Click OK to close the Tabs dialog box, and then click OK again to close the Paragraph dialog box.
  10. Your text should now be aligned on the colon! If you need to adjust the position of the tab stop, simply repeat the above steps and move the tab stop to a new position.