Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default how do i add a back ground colour to just just one half of A4

You can't do it with the Background feature.

Use the box tool on the Drawing toolbar to draw a rectangle in the correct
place. Set its fill color to what you want, set the line color to No Line,
and set its text wrapping to Behind Text.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Trudibabe wrote:
Im trying to make a birthday card in word and i have split my a4 into
half via the page break and what i would like to do now is just add a
background colour to the front of the card, or just to the right hand
side of the a4 page. When I try to do this. it covers the whole page,
so it will give me a background colour on the back page as well.
Hope you understand what i mean and hope someone can help me
Regards
Trudi