Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Font preview

As Tom has said, you can get a font preview in the Fonts dialog, but I
suspect what you're thinking of is the Font list in Word. There is a setting
on the Options tab of Tools | Customize to "Show font names in their font."
If that box is not checked, you see the fonts listed in a single font (same
as any other dropdown). That setting also affects the display of styles in
the Styles dropdown (but not the Styles and Formatting task pane).

"P D Sterling" wrote in message
Am I hallucinating, or could I used to click on Control Panel|Fonts and
preview exactly what I what I was going to use? It seems that now, a
useless window with lots of useless information and one small sentence
is all I see. Help! Any advice will be gratefully appreciated.
--

Regards,

P D Sterling
New York, Texas & Texas, New York