Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BDankas BDankas is offline

Default Drop Down Box Length

When I print it will it wrap the text?

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

The dropdown form field is limited to 50 characters per entry, and 25
entries. The solution for wider items is the same as the solution for
more items: create a userform containing a list box. Such a list box
can contain a practically unlimited number of items, each of hundreds
of characters (not that it can show them all, because it won't scroll
sideways).

The Microsoft KnowledgeBase article
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/198561 describes how to do it, and
Greg Maxey's page at
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/FormField_...rm_ListBox.htm goes into
more detail.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 15:09:01 -0800, BDankas
wrote:

I know that you can only have a drop down box be so long (NOT number of items
to choose from but number of characters on a line). Is there any work around
this? I want to create a form letter where the person creating the letter
has to choose between one paragraph or the other (using a drop down box).
The form must be lockable.

I was thinking about creating a macro that inserted the verbiage I needed
but not sure if this would work or how to do it.

.