Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Terri N Terri N is offline

Default Don't want text selected when tabbing to next cell

Thanks, Jay, I'll give it a shot...!
--
Terri

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Add this macro to your template, using the instructions at
http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm:

Sub NextCell()
Selection.MoveRight Unit:=wdCell
Selection.Collapse wdCollapseStart
End Sub

This should work in all versions of Word.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Terri N wrote:
P.S. I'm using Word 2003, if that makes a difference.

Is it possible to tab to the next cell of a table without having
Word select all the text in that cell? I'm using a template that's
already in place in each cell, but in order to start typing I have
to first de-select the text by hitting the back arrow. Since there
are over 1,000 items in this table, I'd like to avoid this, at least
on this particular document. Can I change this? --
Terri

.