Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
FJ FJ is offline

Default Can't find new Normal.dotm in Word 2007

Hi, I have kind of a weird problem. My normal template was accidentally
altered so I closed Word, renamed my normal.dotm file, and assumed that the
next time I opened Word a new normal.dotm would be created. It seems that it
was, since the accidental customizations in the old normal template are now
gone.

The problem is that I can't find the new normal.dotm anywhere. It doesn't
seem to be in the same folder as the old one I renamed. When I go to the
Office Button, click Open, and click on €śRecently changed€ť, I can see a
shortcut to the normal.dotm along with a shortcut to the old normal.dotm, but
the actual file is not listed anywhere else. Can anyone tell me why I cant
see the actual new normal.dotm? This might be a problem if I have to rename
it again in the future. I realize that there might be something really
obvious that I'm missing but right now I'm baffled. The old normal template
is located in: C:\MyName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates. Does this
sound right? I'm using Word 2007 with Windows Vista.

Thanks in advance for any information.