Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } How to remove?

What did you lose exactly? If you mean the page number, you can add it back
to the first page header or footer (wherever you want it). Double-click the
header to activate the header/footer area. Press Alt+Shift+P to add a page
number field at the insertion point.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

wrote in message
Thanks it helped to add the numbers. What about the First cover page I
lost? How should I get that back??

On Friday, 12 February 2010 15:30:05 UTC-8, Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Press Alt+F9.

http://word.mvps.org

"LFD3290" wrote in message
How do I remove { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace
with
numerical page numbering?