View Single Post
  #2   Report Post  
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Automatically highlight key words in a document?

Yes, you can definitely highlight key words in a Word document automatically using a macro function. Here are the steps to create a macro that will highlight the key words based on a supplied keyword list or table:
[list=1][*]Open the Word document that you want to highlight the key words in.[*]Click on the View tab in the ribbon menu and select Macros from the Macros drop-down menu.[*]In the Macro name field, type a name for your macro (e.g. "HighlightKeywords") and click on the Create button.[*]This will open the Visual Basic Editor. In the editor, copy and paste the following code:

PHP Code:
Sub HighlightKeywords()

Dim keywordList As Variant
    Dim keyword 
As Variant
    Dim i 
As Long
    Dim j 
As Long
    Dim rng 
As Range

keywordList 
= Array("keyword1""keyword2""keyword3"'Replace with your own keyword list

For i = 0 To UBound(keywordList)
        Set rng = ActiveDocument.Range
        With rng.Find
            .Text = keywordList(i)
            .Format = False
            .MatchCase = False
            .MatchWholeWord = True
            .MatchWildcards = False
            .MatchSoundsLike = False
            .MatchAllWordForms = False
            Do While .Execute
                rng.HighlightColorIndex = wdYellow '
Replace with your desired highlight color
            Loop
        End With
    Next i
End Sub 
[*]Replace the "keyword1", "keyword2", "keyword3" in the code with your own keyword list. You can add or remove keywords as needed.[*]Replace the "wdYellow" in the code with your desired highlight color. You can choose from the following highlight colors: wdYellow, wdTurquoise, wdPink, wdGreen, wdGray-25, wdNoHighlight.[*]Save the macro and close the Visual Basic Editor.[*]To run the macro, go back to the Word document and click on the Macros button in the View tab. Select the macro you just created and click on the Run button.

The macro will now automatically highlight all the key words in the document based on the supplied keyword list or table.