Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Word 2007:Continuous numbering in header, section numbering in foo

Hmm, even though you can use SECTIONPAGES to count the number of pages in
each section, and the NUMPAGES field to count the total number of pages in
the document, I don't see how you can get both running page numbers (1, 2,
3, ..., NUMPAGES) and "section-based" page numbers (1, 2, ..., SECTIONPAGES)
without using formula fields?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
Actually, for what you want (or at least I think you want), you do not
need to unlink the H&Fs. All you need to do is put the Pages X of Y fields
in the Header and the section pages of section field in the footer.

The header will display something like: Page 66 of 128
The footer will display something like: Page 19 of Section 3

Is that what you need?

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"wjprice" wrote in message
Help! I would like to have page numbering in both the header and the
footer.
But, the numbering should NOT be linkied together. The header will
contain
a continuous numbering of ALL pages in the document. The footer will
contain
only the numbering for the section(s).