Default Problem with Printing Custom Size Envelope

I recently got a new computer which has Word 2003. When I try to
print a custom envelope size using a size that worked fine on my old
computer with Word XP, it won't print. I tried printing on an 8.5 X
11 piece of paper and it printed with the right dimensions but with
the address on the left side of the paper. I feed the envelopes so
that the right side of the envelope goes into the printer first, and
it seems that the problem may be that the printer somehow isn't
understanding that the envelope is smaller even though I've entered
the custom size data and even though this worked fine with my old
computer and the earlier version of Word. I have Windows XP.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Sibyl