Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Carlos Carlos is offline

Default Cross Referencing a Footer

I am trying to create a cross reference in my document's text to Footer
text. What I have are several appendices, which I have labeled Appendix
A, Appendix B, etc in the footers of those pages. In my text, I would
like to refer to these appendices. For example, in my text I would
like to say...

So and so is included in Appendix A.

I would like to cross reference this, so that if I decide to bump so
and so to Appendix B, it will automatically update itself in my text..

I do something similar with my figures and tables, and I love how it
gets automatically updated in the text when I hit F9. Can anyone help
me and show me how to accomplish this with footers???