Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Steffen Grellmann Steffen Grellmann is offline

Default Checkboxes on mailmerge recipients list

Hi Peter,

thank you for replying.

Do you know a way to /close/ the Recipients dialog programmatically?
This could be an - unpleasant - workaround, to open/close the dialog
before executing my own code.

I knew there was a reason why I never manipulated .Included but I had
forgotten what it was.

It calms me down a little bit that I'm not the only one...

I get exactly the same thing here. I can't think of a
way around it - even performing a merge to a new document does not magically
create the .included objects.

I've tried this also like some other things, with no success.

You can trap the error when you test .Included. I suppose that is enough to
tell you that all the records must be included (because the user has not
looked at the Recipients dialog box) but I can't see how you can get Word to
create these objects without showing the dialog.

I will see if I can find out anything more about this.

And I will post it here if there are any news from my side.

Kind regards,

Steffen