Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
pleasefixit?[_2_] pleasefixit?[_2_] is offline

Default Form printing question

So... what do you do if you want to post the form online for people to use -
some will fill it out using Word, others will print out the form... either
way, you want fields they do not fill out to print as blank. Is there a
solution to this?

"Mecalith" wrote:

Printing a blank form is easy. Make a quick style for the default text and
change the font colour to white or to a very pale colour before you print.

Printing a partially filled in form is harder. The €śblank€ť entries would
have to be cleared of the default text before printing (e.g. enter a space).

"Cody T" wrote:

I've done up some documents as forms, so they can be completed on the
computer. That part works perfectly fine, but is there a way to make it so
that I can use the same document as a print form as well?
So, all the instructional text or fields that have not been completed should
disappear when I print so that someone can handwrite a date or name in. Is
this possible, or will I have to use two separate documents?
I am using Word 2007