Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Directory mail merge

Hi Paul,

For some reason, the Landlord letter.doc opens up as a Letters type mail
merge main document and has to be changed to a Directory type document to
get it to work.

The problem remains however that if you insert a merge field somewhere in
the

Landlord General Information

Each time a tenant contacts the District to close their account, the account
will automatically revert back to the landlord.

Please notify the PUD if the tenant has vacated the addresses and has not
notified the PUD to close account.

that comes after the list of properties, that mergefield will display the
data from the next (landlord) record in the datasource, not data from the
landlord whose list of properties is included in that letter.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"macropod" wrote in message
Hi Kimberly,

For a working solution that you might be able to modify to suit your
needs, see:
http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/show...?Number=723456
The example there is based on an Excel data source and requires you to
insert a dummy 'last' data record into the data source.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Kimberly" wrote in message
I read the article from Cornell and the MS article 294686 and understand
them and have been successful implementing them. However, I'm wondering
how to add other merge field(s) at the bottom of the page or after the
multiple records only once (as if they were in the header), but before the
page break. For example an invoice: has header info at the top of the
page, the middle is multiple records (item, qty, price) and at the bottom
a total for the entire invoice. I can get this total field from the data
source there is no need to sum). I can't figure out how to get the total
field at the bottom without it showing multiple times. Any advise would be
greatly appreciated. "Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Take a look at http://cornell.veplan.net/article.aspx?&a=3815

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Simon J" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm trying to prepare a mailmerge that is a letter with part of the
letter listing several rows of data to the recipient. The recipient
information is in the data file 5 times as there are then 5 pieces of
data that need listing in part of the letter before the letter is then
finished. There is some other information in the data file that needs
to go in the letter but that is supplied 5 times and is identical.

Hope that made sense? Can anyone help as i'm getting 5 letters out
each with one piece of the unique data as aposed to a list.

Many thanks
Simon