Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Andrew @ ISL[_2_] Andrew @ ISL[_2_] is offline

Default Word field stops working when launched from Access

Hi,

Really appreciate your input, but although I can see this might get round
the issue, it doesn't solve it. Each time we create a new file from Access,
it's creating a new Word document and automatically placing it in a different
folder on the computer - these aren't mail merges that we're doing for
marketing campaigns etc. but are daily quotes to different customers.

So basically, all I want to do is make the {FILENAME \* MERGEFORMAT} field
in the document template stay as a field which will automatically update when
the file is created/saved - at present, when the merged document is launched
it becomes text so therefore doesn't update.

I think with your method it would end up as quite a task.

Thanks again.