Ela Beel Ela Beel is offline
Junior Member

Do what PamC said and then click ungroup at top format or layout.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maki View Post
I've inserted a picture (floating) in a document and placed a caption with
prefix "Fig.". Naturally the first picture was "Fig. 1 XXXX" but as I was
relatively new to this feature, I had a couple of trials and errors to get
the positioning right.

Subsequently, I got the second picture inserted and try to insert caption
for that, too, but the numbering isn't quite right and it wants to put "Fig.
3" instead of "Fig. 2".

There could be an orphaned caption ("Fig.2") somewhere within the document
but I can't see it. Is there a way to find this missing caption and delete
it?

Or could there be any other reason for this irregular numbering?

Thank you.

--
Maki @ Canberra.AU