Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Greg Maxey

Default Auto number a column in table using SEQ

Kaz

{macrobutton scratchmacro {docvariable myvar}}

Is a DocVariable field, nested in a macrobutton field.

The { } pairs are entered with CTRL+F9. When the field results are
displayed are you will see is the count or the number. If you doubleclick
that number, you will fire the macro to recalculate. See:
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Word_Fields.htm for more on Word fields.

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

kaz wrote:
Hi Greg

I'm getting there (slowly). So, my macro is now giving me the result I
want and I can get the result displayed in the required place in the
document. But I have achieved this by manually running the macro then
updating the field using F9. I am guessing that the command "{
Macrobutton Scratchmacro {DocVariable myVar}} " that you supplied is
supposed to run the macro as well as displaying the variable but I
can't get that to work. I'm (obviously) new to all of this so it is
probably the way I am creating / recording the macro or the actual
syntax. Can you please just help me one more time?

Cheers
Kaz