Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
br72 br72 is offline

Default Word 2007 (and Excel 2007) open slowly

I have Symantec Antivirus 10.0, and I don't think that has an office plug-in
to disable as Norton Antivirus 200x does. I went into the File System
Auto-Protect options and selected to exclude from auto-protect .doc and .dot
files, but there was no change. Files still open very slowly outside of word
even if word is already open, but very quickly inside of word.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Historically Norton AV has had an Office plug-in that doesn't do anything
useful, but slows down document access (or stops it completely).
Turn off the office plug-in.
With some versions of the Norton product it may be necessary to unregister
the calling DLL by running the following command line from Windows Start
Run
e.g.
regsvr32 /u "c:\program files\norton antivirus\officeav.dll"
or
regsvr32 /u "c:\program files\norton systemworks\norton
antivirus\officeav.dll"