Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] royd.vinya@gmail.com is offline

Default { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } How to remove?

On Saturday, 11 January 2014 00:09:21 UTC+2, wrote:
On Friday, February 12, 2010 1:54:01 PM UTC-8, LFD3290 wrote:
How do I remove { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace with
numerical page numbering?

I did the Alt=F9 and it toggled on screen but continued to show { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } on every page I printed, so I had to just leave a 121 page printout with no page numbers. i tried to look through MS help but for some reason they ramble about nothing that actually fixes an issue(long time prob with MS).
Why can't they just make it UI friendly.

Does the developer actually test people to try the product and watch their reactions? See what issues people have and re-code?.. That is what needs to happen because i have seen way too many questions on the net that MS should have been able to answer in simple terms..

On laptops, you will need to hold Fn+Alt+F9. It fixes the problem immediately.