Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default tab stops missing

The next thing I'd try would be to create a new Windows user profile, to see
if the problem exists for a new user, as well.

I don't remember whether Office 2002 has a "repair" option. If it does, have
you tried [something like] Help - Detect and Repair from Word's Help menu?

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"OfficeNDN" wrote in message

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

If it doesn't show up in Normal or Print Layout view, then it's not a
user
settings problem. It might be a registry corruption issue, which can
sometimes prevent screen elements from displaying correctly.

If you start Word with the /a switch (start - run - type winword.exe /a),
does the tab type character show up now?

I ran winword.exe /a but still no tab stops.
--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
Blog: http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com
Web: http://www.herbtyson.com

"OfficeNDN" wrote in message

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

Are you in Web Layout or Outline view? Either of those would make the
tab
tool not show up.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
Blog: http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com
Web: http://www.herbtyson.com

"OfficeNDN" wrote in message
news I have word 2002.

The tab stop symbol is missing from the far left of the horizontal
ruler.
cannot set tab stops.

What is wrong?

I changed the view to "Normal" from "Print Layout". Still no tab
stops.

Could I have changed the normal template or unchecked a box or
something?