Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
OfficeNDN[_2_] OfficeNDN[_2_] is offline

Default tab stops missing

I am in print layout view. I also switched to normal view and the problems
is still there too.

Fomat/Paragraphs and the tab button is still there. I can set a tab using
that method but even then the tab symbol is "grayed-out", it's just a shade
off from the toolbars.

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

I don't know if this suggestion has already been made... but are you sure
you aren't in web layout view?

If that's not the problem, are tabs otherwise disabled, as well? If you
choose Format - Paragraph, is the Tabs... button alive and well at the
bottom of the Paragraph dialog box?

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"OfficeNDN" wrote in message
news
I deleted the "Data" and then the "toolbars" in the registry as the article
recommended but I still have the problem.

But upon further investigation I have noticed that when I click on the
button where the tab is supposed to be that I can see a left tab but just
barely. It is only a slightly different shade of gray than the toolbar
background but it's there. But I still cannot insert a tab by clicking on
the ruler. I have to format/tabs and insert one from there.

Also my indentation markers are "grayed-out", they aren't the same color
as
they were before this problem started (about a month ago) but I can still
move them around the ruler and they work.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

See if this article helps:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/MissingMenusEtc.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"OfficeNDN" wrote in message

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Try Help | Detect and Repair.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"OfficeNDN" wrote in message

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Is the button there at all? If so, what happens when you click
on it?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"OfficeNDN" wrote in
message
news I have word 2002.

The tab stop symbol is missing from the far left of the
horizontal
ruler.
cannot set tab stops.

What is wrong?

This is no button there.

This also happens on all user accounts.

I have done the Help/Detect and Repair but this did not help.

I also did a complete uninstall/reinstall of the word program. I am
beginning to think that it's not word but something on my system.