Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ham Ham is offline

Default Word 2007 Document Preview Pane

No I have not selected the Save Thumbnails option. Is this required?

My docs are a mix of Word 2007 and Word 2003 created files, and neither type
will show as a preview.

I get the 'Select a file to preview' text in the preview pane, however when
I click on a word file no preview appears, the pane is empty.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

"Beth Melton" wrote:

Did you select the Save Thumbnails option in the Save As dialog box?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Ham" wrote in message
I have a new HP PC running Vista which came with Office 2007 preinstalled.
Since purchasing the PC I have licensed Office 2007 and registered the
product. The problem I have encountered is that Word 2007 will not show me
preview of a document file even though I have turned on the Preview Pane
in
the Open File panel. Has anyone else encountered this?