Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Default Dollars and cents

I wouldn't go thru all of that for the cents symbol. Just hit Alt + 0162 on
the numbers beypad. So much easier! (That was one of the first things my mom
learned and she's amazed all of her cyber friends with that.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"mtnpastor" wrote in message
Jay, you seem knowledgeable about this issue. This is one of the least
intuitive aspects of MS Word. I have Word 2003 with all the updates and
find the ¢ symbol, I have to go to insert, symbol, then cursor down seven
lines to get to the ¢ symbol. What I find odd about this is the $ symbol
is
on the first line of the symbol listing. Why is the ¢ symbol not right
next
to it!!! I find this odd and not typical of the way most people think
when
they are searching for monetary symbols. Do you agree? I hope you will
communicate this to the MS Word/Office staff to get an update out that
will
correct this situation.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

BCHS wrote:
How do I add a cents symbol in a Microsoft Word?

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Genera...tSpecChars.htm for general
information.

The cent symbol is in most fonts as character (decimal) 162, meaning that
you can hold down the Alt key while typing 0162 on the number pad (with
NumLock turned on) to get ¢ in almost any Windows application.
Specifically
in Word, the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+/,c is assigned to it (meaning "press
Ctrl and / together, release them, then press c") by default. If you use
it
a lot, you can assign an AutoCorrect entry such as /c to insert it.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman