Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
John Kwasnik John Kwasnik is offline

Default Re Word 2003: How do I define a cell as a header cell?

Since there is an option for repeating headers after page breaks, there must
be some way to define which rows and columns are headers. But I can't find
it anywhere. Help!

Where I'm going is to develop a structured document, which when converted to
PDF, makes the header cells Adobe TH elements, and all else TD elements, in
the PDF tagged document structure. The goal is accessibility. I want the
table cells to be correctly defined for assistive technology. (This is
actually required by law for the State of California.)

We want the structured document to be easy to use for unsophisticated staff,
so the resulting PDF is accessible without much thinking on their part ... or
much fixing on our part after they are done.

Thanks,