Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
John Kwasnik John Kwasnik is offline

Default Re Word 2003: How do I define a cell as a header cell?

Suzanne --

Table | Heading Rows Repeat (with row(s) selected) or select the row and
mark it on the Row tab of Table Properties.

Thanks. That does work ... Acrobat converts the entire row as a THEAD, so
I've got what I want.

Still, it wasn't exactly intuitive. The definition of a header row is
inexorably tied to its repetition ... which would seem to imply that one
could not have non-repeating headers. Since this is ridiculous, I expected
separate header declaration and repetition options.

I was also expecting to find the analogs for HTML th and td elements in
the styles list ... but alas, not so.

Thanks,