Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Default auto text, auto correct, auto complete

Well, AutoCorrect continues to operate pretty much the same as in the past
several versions. However, AutoComplete is what has been axed:-) although it
should still work only for Dates.

The AutoText feature still exists but the entries don't insert on pressing
the Enter key in Word 2007. However, if you start to type a known item that
would normally insert an AutoText Item you can press F3 to finish it.

Have a go at Word's Help on Quick Parts & Building Blocks.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 1/28/09 4:39 PM, in article
, "Linda4343"
wrote:

I just switched from Word 2000 to 2007. In Word 2000 I was able to start a
letter with the date and was prompted to the name of the month and then the
actual date. All I had to do was hit "enter". In addition, when I started
typing "Dear ..." I was prompted to "Dear Sir or Madam:". These examples
are a few that come to mind at the moment. I have picked up three books
from the library for answers, but I can't find any. As I am taking Power
Point and Excel classes I told my instructor that this feature is gone in
2007. He immediately went to his computer and lo and behold, it works on
his!!!!! I don't know what I am doing wrong, or am I missing something. I
have tried the "auto text replace" feature, but it doesn't do what Word 2000
did. I have spent hours and hours both on the computer and books. I am
totally frustrated. Please help!!!!! Linda Morrow