Christina

Default Restart numbering using LISTNUM

I do techncial support in a law firm. We use the following Heading Styles
with numbering applied for our Paragraph (Outline) Numbering:

Heading 1 = 1.
Heading 2 = (a)
Heading 3 = (i)
Heading 4 = A.

In some documents, we require numbering with a paragraph (see example
below). The numbering must appear as roman numberals regardless of the
numbering style applied to the paragraph i.e., Heading 1 or 2. I have
recommended to staff to use the LISTNUM field to insert the numbers within
the paragraphbut there is a problem.
In the first paragraph of the example below, the Heading Style 1 is applied
to the paragraph. When the LISTNUM field is inserted within the paragraph the
resulting number is (a). By right-clicking on the LISTNUM field and selecting
Increase Indent the numbering style changes to (i). This is exactly what we
need. However, for the following paragraph when the Heading Style 2 is
applied, a (b) instead of an (a) appears. I understand that this is because
Word is detecting the LISTNUM field in the first paragraph.

Is there an easy way to restart the numbering for subsequent paragraphs when
using the LISTNUM field? Would a different Word field provide the results we
are looking for?

EXAMPLE:
1. The Borrower shall deliver to the Bank a certificate of its chief
financial officer, certifying that (i) no Default has occurred, (ii) the
attached financial statements have been prepared in accordance with generally
accepted accounting principles, and (iii) the attached certificate correctly
sets forth the calculations for determining the ratios specified in Sections
5.08, 5.09, and 5.10.
(b) Preparation of the following documents shall be approved by the
Borrower including (i) financial statement, (ii) annual report, and (iii)
shareholder's summary.

--
Christina