Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default Problems with Word 2003 after intalling Win XP

I'd say that was a printer driver issue.

Terry

wrote in message
oups.com...

Terry Farrell wrote:
It's probably because when you switch, the Language AutoDetection won't
work
out the language until it has seen sufficient input to determine this. A
guess is that Arabic is first in the list so it defaults to it until it
knows.

That may be it but as I said, since it does switch, it is not a major
problem.
It just seemed to be strange behavior.

I have discovered another problem with Japanese. When I try to print a
Japanese document with Word 2003, the texts prints as almost microprint
in
a small box in the center of the top of the page. If I print the same
document
using Wordpad, it prints normally and also prints normally with
WordPerfect
12. English prints fine.