Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Steve Hayes Steve Hayes is offline

Default Word document

On Wed, 4 Jun 2008 17:31:01 -0700, doninwash
wrote:

I was sent a Word document and tried to open it in my version 2003 version. I
was informed that it had been created in a newer verion of Word and asked if
I wanted to download and install a conversion program which I did. Now when I
bring it up I am informed I will not be able to do everything I would wish
with it and when I try to enter information the cursor jumps to the beginning
of the document and does not allow me to enter any text. When look at the
file name extension, it ends in "docx". What can I do other than purchase the
newer version of Word?

Someone sent me one of those. I couldn't read it, so I asked them to send it
to me as RTF, which they did.

--
Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa
Blog: http://methodius.blogspot.com