Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Stuck with Times New Roman in Outline view

There is a button on the Outlining toolbar labeled "Show Formatting." This
toggles display of formatting (including fonts) off and on.

"templeman" wrote in message

"Andyjim" wrote:

I have something weird going on with Word 2000. I use outline view a lot,
and
I like the automatic font formating with it. But suddenly, it's gone. The
font is Times New Roman, and it stays Times New Roman when I try to
change
it. Nor does bold, italic or underline work. Nor can I change the font
size.
That's weird enough, but it gets worse. The outline fonts (the different
fonts for different outline levels) now show up in Normal view. And if I
go
through the motions of changing a font in outline view, no change occurs
in
outline view, but when I go to Normal view, the font change shows up
there.
Other outline functions - promote, demote, show level 1, level 2 and so
forth
all work OK. This one's got me stumped.