Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default embedding a binder number in the page number so the TOC picks it u

For more on this, see http://word.mvps.org/faqs/numbering/chapternumber.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

You need to use the Heading 1 Style for the Binder Number.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"klhtrain" wrote in message
Hi

I am using Word 2003.

I am trying to create a page number in the footer that will have a binder
number (not a chapter number) in the page number so that it can be pulled
into the TOC. For example, in binder VI of the proposal, the page number
would be VI-i, VI-1, etc. If I just put the VI in the footer, then it
does
not pick up in the TOC (I know I can hack the TOC and put it in, but then
that causes more problems when I PDF it sometimes).

Suggestions greatly appreciated

Karen
Pittsburgh