Charles Kenyon

The brief answer to your question is: no. Fill-In fields can be used, but
they are a klutz. Someone at Microsoft decided that since WP had Fill-In
fields, Word needed them, too. The suggestions of Graham Mayor and Dian
Chapman should be followed up on if you want to make your users happy and
productive. Both macrobutton fields and online forms can give you a lot more
for your time and neither require use of macros. Here are some more links.

http://addbalance.com/usersguide/fields.htm#macrobutton

http://addbalance.com/word/wordwebresources.htm#Forms

If you really want to use Fill-In fields you can download a tutorial on them
(and their cousin, the ASK field) from
http://addbalance.com/word/download.htm.

If you are going to use online forms I strongly recommend that you invest
the time needed to go through Dian Chapman's articles. You'll be glad you
did.

Hope this helps,
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.
"JMP" wrote in message
Hi gurus,

I am trying to create a word document template that prompts the user for
informations when creating the document. I have managed to create a
template
using the { FILLIN "Enter you name" } kind of field. So when the user
creates
a document from the template, the user is prompted for "Enter Your Name".
However, at this point, the document behind (in word) is still blank
(nothing
from the default text). It is only after the user has answered all the
questions that the document is shown.

Is there any way to show the document in the background when the user in
prompted for the fields ?

Many thanks

JM