Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Andrew Richter Andrew Richter is offline

Default Word 2007 MathType Save as PDF trouble

Hi,

I'm having the same problem that Carolyn reported. If I use Ctrl to put in
parentheses in MathType (rather than just typing them both myself), they
don't appear in the Word-generated pdfs (they did when I was using Acrobat
distiller).

I tried the fix you suggested, but it didn't change anything.

Any other thoughts?

Regards,
Andrew Richter

"Bob Mathews" wrote:

On 21-Sep-2007, wrote:

Thank you for the help Bob. Unfortunately it did not help.
I am using MathType version 5.2c. I haven't been able to
talk the department head into upgrading to version 6.
Could that be the difference?

MathType 6 will definitely work better in Word 2007 than 5.2c,
but I really don't think that's the cause of the problem here.

When you tested it did you by any chance start with a new
document originally typed in Word 2007?

No, I used a "legacy" document that I had typed in Word 2003.

So far the ones I've found not to show up in the pdf file
are "set" of parentheses, the set of brackets, and the set
of braces. However, the set of vertical bars, absolute value,
did show up. I assume there will be others.

Those characters are created with MT Extra, so that's the
problem, it's just that I don't know how to correct it when
you're using the Word 2007 built-in PDF maker. I do know there
are free PDF makers available on the web. It could be that one of
these allows font embedding, but I don't have any experience with
any of them.

--
Bob Mathews
Director of Training
bobm at dessci.com
FREE fully-functional 30-day evaluation of MathType 5
MathType, WebEQ, MathPlayer, MathFlow, Equation Editor, TeXaide