Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Find missing caption

Go to Word options Advanced Show document content section and set the
field shading to always. Unless the caption number is hidden behind a
graphic. You should be able to spot the seq number fields.
PamC

Maki wrote:
Thank you, Folks, but neither seemed to work, or am I not doing it right?

Forgot to mention that I was using Word 2007. The captions are therefore
(?) in text boxes. Could this be the reason why they don't get detected by
"Find" or "Go To" functions?

Perhaps I should just use Publisher although it doesn't seem to have
automatic-captioning feature either...

Caption numbers are places with SEQ fields. so you could use Edit Goto
Field SEQ to step through the SEQ fields in your document,

[quoted text clipped - 15 lines]

Thank you.