Gregg Roberts

Default Unable to save in Word 2000, no error message

All,

I have Word 2000 SP-3 (9.0.6926) on two Dell systems, one a laptop running
Windows XP and the other a desktop running W2K Pro. I sent myself a document
from one PC to another because I'm having an unrelated issue with the PC that
I usually use. However, I cannot save changes on the new PC. The Save As
dialog does not appear through either the F12 key or the File Save As menu
option. Clicking Save does not update the timestamp of the file. I have tried
sending the file first through email, then again directly through a shared
drive on the new PC -- nothing. No error messages, just a complete lack of
normal response. If I set the Save Options to Always Create a Backup Copy, I
get prompted to save when I close the doc, but clicking Yes does not make it
save.

Thanks for any help.

Gregg Roberts